Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Recce


The ‘recce’



1.    Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place?
There are some potential health and safety risks where my photo shoot will take place. Trailing cables could cause an issue as it could lead to models tripping over which could cause injury. The cables could also overheat and blow up putting all members of the photo shoot in danger.  

2.    What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?


In order to ensure that these risks are minimised I will make sure that there are no trailing cables in the way of the photographing space so that there will be no chance of anyone tripping over. i will also ensure that plugs are switched off when they are not in use so that they do not have any chance of overheating.

3.    Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?


My photo shoot will be indoors so the weather will not affect anything. The photos will be taken at both night and daytime however all of the natural light will be blocked out of the room and I will be using only artificial lighting.

4.    Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?


I do not want a background in my images, i feel it will look more professional without. Having a background may take the focus off the protagonist and cause distraction. Instead i will create a plain background either white or coloured, this will draw attention to the protagonist and make them stand out.

5.    Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?


When taking my images i will not be using any natural lighting as it may disturb the quality of my image, instead i will be using the flash on the camera. Using natural lighting could cause shadows and bright sunrise. I will move any reflective objects so that they do not get in the way of the flash and spoil my photographs.

6.    Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?


I will not need permission to take photos in a venue as i will be taking them in my own home.

7.    Do you need to book time in a room (e.g. the photography studio at Shiney)?


As i mentioned previously, my photographs will be taken in my own home therefore i will not need to book time in any photography studios.

8.    Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?


I will be taking my photographs privately therefore will have no issue of people spoiling the effect.        

9.    Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?


I have arranged with my friends to come to my house on a date when we are all free to take my photographs . I  have chosen appropriate clothes that my protagonist is going to wear that will make my images look as professional as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment